Monday, March 19, 2007

A plea to cricket fans - ENUF IS ENUF

Many would be surprised seeing this kind of post from me, considering the fact I have actively played and followed the game since my childhood. Have had opportunities and pleasure to share drinks with many of the old time cricketers including from 83 WC Team.

But offlate, cricket is pissing me off specially if India is playing. And this has nothing to do with the way team plays but it has to do with the way Indians or shall I say people from Indian sub-continent follow the game. Come on, don't colour this game dirty with your jingoism. Not necessary that the team wins everytime. I hate it when people say they are cricket fans and abuse when their team loses. Well, then you are not a cricket fan, you are just a fan of your own team and possibly you know jackshit about this game.

Now that the extreme pressure and stress has taken one life and that of the great thinker Bob Woolmer, can all so called 'cricket fans' (your father in laws balls) just stop making this game dirty by their mindless jingoism.

No comments: